- Complete your persuasive speech outline using the and attach it to your post for discussion.
- In your post, identify two specific areas you would like peer feedback on. Examples may include:
- The use of tone
- Quality of points and sub-points
- Alignment of certain sections (introduction, body, conclusion) to identified purpose
- Effectiveness of introduction
- Effectiveness of conclusion
- Appropriate and ethical use of reasoning, evidence, and emotions
- Describe what has changed from your informative presentation and explain why you made these changes.
- Include all references with proper citations.
6-2 video journal
Watch this video of a politician asking for his partys nomination: (0:44). Then, in a 1- to 2-minute video journal, discuss examples of poor nonverbal and verbal communication techniques you identified in the video. Also, suggest the public speaking best practices that the speaker should have utilized, and offer recommendations on how to further develop better body language and vocal inflection when giving presentations.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Communication Techniques: Describe the poor verbal and nonverbal public speaking techniques you observed in the video.
- Best Practices: Describe the best practices for public speaking that the speaker should have followed. Refer to your module resources, and cite them where required.
- Delivery: Demonstrate best practices when recording and presenting your video journal. Use appropriate body language, tone, vocalized pauses, and eye contact with your audience (or in this case, camera) as you record your video journal.
Guidelines for Submission
Record and submit a video journal of 12 minutes in length using Bongo. Sources should be cited orally according to APA style.