EDITION: 9TH 16
PUBLISHER: CENGAGE L
ISBN: 9781305261037. Due date: March 14 at 11:50PM
The length of this assignment should no more than seven pages including a bibliography page
1. What kinds of information about victims of interpersonal violence and theft can be found in the FBI’s annual Uniformed Crime Report? What are the sources of inaccuracies in these statistics?
2. Make a list of seven of the most dangerous countries and/or cities in the world based in the murder rates
3. Compare and contrast victim facilitation victim precipitation and victim provocation. make up scenarios to illustrate the difference
4. Describe the process of victim blaming step by step and then argue that people whose identities were stolen may have made the thieves’ tasks easier. How can they avoid victimization
5. Describe the victim-defending point of view and then apply it to motor vehicle theft
6. Is it possible to be to crime conscious–to concerned about being victimized? Defend your point of view by providing examples of risk reduction strategies that demand sacrifices that might be considered by some prudent but by other to be unreasonable
7. If victims are unable to participate because of their very serious wounds or are too young to make such important decisions who if anyone should exercise their rights in their names? Provide an example
8. Why were the views of maximalists and minimalists so far apart on the fate of missing children?
9. Give the possible reasons why the number of murders of spouses has dropped so sharply over recent decades while the slaying of girlfriends and boyfriends actually has gone up
10. Why do some teenage girls endure courtship violence when they are merely dating and they do not have to rely on they boyfriends for financial support and they are not living together and not rising children together?