The National Counter-Terrorism Center (NCTC) was created based on the recommendation by the 9/11 Commission, in the wake of the terrorist attacks in September 2001, in an effort to eliminate duplication and create a more effective way to organize and evaluate terrorism-related intelligence. According to the Commission, the NCTC should be the center for joint operational planning and joint intelligence.
You are an FBI intelligence analyst assigned to the NCTC and have just received information from the FBI’s New York field office that a suspected terrorist will be traveling from New York City to Lahore, Pakistan sometime next week. The New York field office has also informed you that this individual may be meeting with other suspected terrorists in Pakistan to attend a terrorist training camp in the Northwest region of the country. The FBI received this information from a human intelligence (HUMINT) source with direct access to the reported information.
· For this assignment, you must write a paper discussing how the NCTC will utilize the information received from the FBI to resolve this threat.
· Address the following in 2-3 pages:
· How does the NCTC function within the USIC? Explain.
· How will the NCTC integrate this threat report into the USIC and draw on intelligence resources?
· What is the process by which the NCTC would plan and coordinate joint intelligence operations to effectively combat terrorism? Explain.
· Which law enforcement and intelligence partner organizations would NCTC plan and coordinate with to resolve this threat?
· What is the NCTC’s role in leading strategic analysis, pooling all sources of intelligence, and developing assessments and warnings? Explain.
· How will the NCTC utilize this information to provide warning and prevent future threats to U.S. national security?
· Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.