UNIT 6 – Assignment(s)
Nine years have passed since the onset of what is sometimes called the Great Recession. While the economy has slowly improved there are still millions of Americans leading lives of quiet desperation: without jobs without resources without hope.
Who was to blame? Was it simply a result of negligence of the kind of inordinate risk-taking commonly called a bubble of an imprudent but innocent failure to maintain adequate reserves for a rainy day? Or was it the result at least in part of fraudulent practices of dubious mortgages portrayed as sound risks and packaged into ever more esoteric financial instruments the fundamental weaknesses of which were intentionally obscured?
In striking contrast with these past prosecutions not a single high-level executive has been successfully prosecuted in connection with the financial crisis and given the fact that most of the relevant criminal provisions are governed by a five-year statute of limitations it appears likely that none will be. It may not be too soon therefore to ask why.
I want you to write an essay between 1000-1500 words in length not to include your abstract cover page and reference page. If you refer to your Syllabus you will see the assignment opened on Tuesday 3/14 2017 and it will close on Monday March 20 2017 @ 11:59 pm.
At a minimum I would like you to address the following questions in your essay. Each one of the bullets below do not constitute a paragraph rather items to consider and address:
1. Of all the forms of finance crimes discussed which do you consider the most
2. Are there any forms of finance crime that you do not think should be
considered acrime? If so why?
3. How should finance crime be punished?
4. Why does finance crime represent an especially potent threat to society?
5. What theory would best represent the crime you have chosen and the individuals who perpetrated
6. Does the individual fit the profile of a white collar criminal?
You may select a particular case study to base your essay off of such asEnron BernieMadoff MarcDreier AIG etc.Upon completion submit your work in the assignment area.
To achieve a successful experience and outcome you are expected to meet the following requirements.
1. Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
2. Length of paper: 1000-1500 words
3. APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according toAPA Style and Formatting
(6th Edition) (i.e. double-spacing appropriate citation formats use of appropriate level of
headings 12-point Times New Roman.).
4. Number of resources: Minimum of 3 resources.
Refer to the Finance CrimeScoring Guide.